Home » Muscle Relaxants » Sirdalud
Pay with Bitcoin and get 10% discount! Click here.
Brand names: Sirdalud, Zanaflex
Generic name: Tizanidine
Sirdalud, a muscle relaxant, is used to help relax certain muscles in your body. It relieves the spasms and increased muscle tone caused by medical problems such as multiple sclerosis or spinal injury.
How does it work?
Tizanidine is a muscle relaxant drug that works by blocking the alpha-2-adrenoceptor in the brain and spinal cord (central nervous system. The effect of this is to "damp down" the signals sent to the muscles.
In conditions where there is painful or disabling muscle spasm, baclofen can help to reduce stiffness and restore mobility.
What is it used for?
• Multiple sclerosis
• Spinal cord injury or disease
Your liver functioning should be monitored while you are taking this medicine. Symptoms that may suggest a liver problem include persistent nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain, or the development of jaundice (a yellow colouring to the skin and the whites of the eyes). Consult your doctor if you experience any of these symptoms.
This medicine may cause drowsiness. If affected do not drive or operate machinery.
Use with caution in
• Decreased kidney function
• Elderly people
Not to be used in
• Known sensitivity or allergy to any ingredient
• Severe liver disease
This medicine should not be used if you are allergic to one or any of its ingredients. Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have previously experienced such an allergy.
If you feel you have experienced an allergic reaction, stop using this medicine and inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Certain medicines should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, other medicines may be safely used in pregnancy or breastfeeding providing the benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the unborn baby. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, before using any medicine.
This medicine should be used with caution during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Seek medical advice from your doctor.
This medication may cause drowsiness. If affected do not drive or operate machinery. Avoid alcoholic drink.
Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine. Because a side effect is stated here, it does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect.
• Dry mouth
• Difficulty in sleeping (insomnia)
• Disturbances of the gut such as diarrhoea, constipation, nausea, vomiting or abdominal pain
• Low blood pressure (hypotension)
• False perceptions of things that are not really there (hallucinations)
• Slow heart rate (bradycardia)
• Inflammation of the liver (hepatitis)
The side effects listed above may not include all of the side effects reported by the drug's manufacturer.
For more information about any other possible risks associated with this medicine, please read the information provided with the medicine or consult your doctor or pharmacist.
How can this medicine affect other medicines?
• Tizanidine increases the effects of alcohol and sedatives medicines.
• Tizanidine may increase the blood pressure-lowering efects of anti-hypertensive medicines.
• When taken together with beta blockers or digoxin there is an increased risk of low blood pressure or a slow heart rate.
• Oral contraceptives reduce the turnover of tizanidine and may increase the likelihood of tizanidine side effects.