Home » Steroids » Cernos Gel
Brand Names: Cernos Gel, Testosterone gel, AndroGel, Androderm, Androgel, Testim
Generic Name: Testosterone
Manufacturer: Sun Pharma
Content: Each sachet contains 5 mg
What is Cernos Gel/Androgel?
Cernos gel is a medicine that contains testosterone. Cernos Gel is used to treat adult males who have low or no testosterone.
Dosage and Administration:
The usual starting dose is one 5 g sachet of gel per day. Your doctor or pharmacist will tell you exactly how much to use. You should not use more than 10g of gel per day.
How should I use Cernos Gel?
• It is important that you apply Cernos Gel exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to.
• Cernos Gel is to be applied to the area of your shoulders and upper arms that will be covered by a short sleeve t-shirt. Do not apply Cernos Gel to any other parts of your body such as your stomach area (abdomen), penis, or scrotum.
• Apply Cernos Gel at the same time each morning. Cernos Gel should be applied after showering or bathing.
• Wash your hands right away with soap and water after applying Cernos Gel.
• Avoid showering, swimming or bathing for at least 2 hours after you apply Cernos Gel.
• Cernos Gel is flammable until dry. Let Cernos Gel dry before smoking or going near an open flame.
• Let the application site dry completely before putting on a t-shirt.
Applying Cernos Gel:
Cernos Gel comes in a pump or in packets. We sell them in packets/satches only.
• Before applying Cernos Gel make sure that your shoulders and upper arms are clean, dry, and that there is no broken skin.
• The application sites for Cernos Gel are the upper arms and shoulders that will be covered by a short sleeve t-shirt (See Figure below).
• Tear open the packet completely at the dotted line. Squeeze from the bottom of the packet to the top.
• Squeeze all of the Cernos Gel out of the packet into the palm of your hand. Apply Cernos Gel to the application site.
You may also apply Cernos Gel directly to the application site.
• Cernos Gel should be applied right away.
• Wash your hands with soap and water right away.
• Do not shower for at least six (6) hours after applying Androgel / Cernos Gel.
What are the possible side effects of Cernos Gel?
See “What is the most important information I should know about Cernos Gel?”
Cernos Gel can cause serious side effects including:
• If you already have enlargement of your prostate gland your signs and symptoms can get worse while using Cernos Gel. This can include:
o increased urination at night
o trouble starting your urine stream
o having to pass urine many times during the day
o having an urge that you have to go to the bathroom right away
o having a urine accident
o being unable to pass urine or weak urine flow
• Possible increased risk of prostate cancer. Your healthcare provider should check you for prostate cancer or any other prostate problems before you start and while you use Cernos Gel.
• In large doses Cernos Gel may lower your sperm count.
• Swelling of your ankles, feet, or body, with or without heart failure.
• Enlarged or painful breasts.
• Have problems breathing while you sleep (sleep apnea).
• Blood clots in the legs or lungs. Signs and symptoms of a blood clot in your leg can include leg pain, swelling, or redness. Signs and symptoms of a blood clot in your lungs can include difficulty breathing or chest pain.
Call your healthcare provider right away if you have any of the serious side effects listed above.